For Maria, a sweet seven-year-old in Children’s Home Society’s foster care program, last year’s holiday season was full of uncertainty. You see, Maria had just joined her CHS-licensed foster family. When she arrived, she had only the clothes she was wearing and a small, tattered toy tiger.
When Christmas morning arrived, Maria awoke to clothes, books, games, and even a bicycle. Those gifts and that joyous morning were because of donors like you who volunteered to take a wish list through the Children’s Home Society’s Hope for the Holidays gift drive. Gifts to children like Maria mean even more than a happy morning of present opening – it is a sense of normalcy and a sense of belonging – a glimmer of hope for what may lie ahead.
More than 1,000 children are hoping that their wish lists will be filled – a number that has increased dramatically over the past year – and we need help from heroes like you.
There are several ways to sponsor a child:
- Purchase items from a child’s personal wish list
- Donate and volunteers will shop for you
- Purchase gift cards (like Visa, Target, Walmart or other general retailer) to help fulfill a child’s personal wish list
- Ask a friend, co-worker or family member to sponsor a wish list
- Make a gift to support children and families year-round through the CHS Little Red Stocking Fund
We suggest the following gift amounts, based upon the child’s age:
- Infants (0-2) $100
- Preschoolers (3-5) $150
- Elementary (6-12) $175
- Teenagers (13-21) $200
Will you brighten a child’s holiday this year? If so, please complete the online sponsor form below by October 26.
Learn More Today!