Sponsor a Child
Can you imagine not celebrating the holidays with your family? For the more than 400 children who are living in foster care with CHS, this is a reality they face every day. This holiday season, CHS is working hard to ensure all of the children in our care have reason to celebrate – and we need your help!
Your donation will help bring joy and delight to the children we serve. You can sponsor a child by yourself or with your family, faith group or colleagues.
There are several ways to sponsor a child:
- Purchase items from a child’s personal wish list
- Donate and volunteers will shop for you
- Purchase gift cards (like Visa, Target, Wal-Mart or other general retailer) to help fulfill a child’s personal wish list
We suggest the following gift amounts, based upon the child’s age:
- Infants (0-2) $100
- Preschoolers (3-5) $150
- Elementary (6-12) $175
- Teenagers (13-21) $200
Thank you for supporting CHS and the children we serve. Please submit your sponsor form to Children’s Home Society by Sunday, November 12.
Donate Generic Gifts
If you are unable to fill a child’s wish list, Children’s Home Society is also accepting new, unwrapped general items. We provide gifts to children of all ages. A variety of items in different colors and sizes – from infant to adult XL – are needed.
Suggested items include:
- Diapers (all sizes)
- Pull Ups
- Baby Care Items
- Convertible Car Seats (Cosco Scenara)
- Booster Seats
- $25 gift cards (Walmart/Target)
- Tablets (Any Brand and Age Range)
- Leap Pad
- Leap Pad games
- Nintendo DS
- Nintendo DS games
- Games for Playstation/Wii/Xbox
- Infant/Toddler Educational toys
- Books (for all age ranges)
- Baby Monitors
- Cribs/Bassinets/Pack N Play
- Crib Mattresses
- Shoes (all sizes & genders)
- Snow boots
- Dolls (all ethnicities)
Mark your calendars
Gifts may be dropped off at your local CHS office beginning Monday, December 4 through Wednesday, December 6.