- This event has passed.
Hendersonville "Collaborating for Permanence Day of Training"
June 8, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Please join Children’s Home Society, Henderson County Department of Social Services, and District 29 Guardian Ad Litem Program for a day of FREE training with lunch included! When you register at the bottom of this page, please choose (one) workshop from the morning session, (one) workshop from the afternoon session, and if you will be joining us for lunch. You may register for morning session, afternoon session, or both! RSVP deadline is noon on 6/5/2018.
Training Location: Grace Lutheran Church, 1245 6th Ave W., Hendersonville, NC 28792
Morning Session: 9-11:45 am
• Maintaining the Capacity to Care: Compassion Fatigue
• The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Study & Resilience
• Assisting Youth with Grief & Loss
Lunch: 12:00-12:45 pm
Afternoon Session: 1-4:00 pm
• Maintaining the Capacity to Care: Building Resilience
• Substance Use to Addiction: Why We Use, Even When It Hurts
• Managing Difficult Behaviors
Dana Gracie, Walter Johnson, & Allison Sturtevant-Gilliam
Professional Trainers/Family Educators
Children’s Home Society of North Carolina
Detailed descriptions of each training are available upon request to: email@example.com