Can you imagine not celebrating the holidays surrounded by your family and friends?Donate to Hope for the Holidays
For the more than 500 children living in foster care with Children’s Home Society of NC, many are not able to celebrate the holidays with their families.
This season, you can give these children a brighter and happier holiday by helping to fulfill their wishlists.
Here are some of the ways you can help make a diﬀerence to the children of our community:
- Sponsor a child – Choose one or more children, from our Hope for the Holidays wishlist site whose list you would like to fulfill by purchasing some or all of the items they have selected. Donors typically spend $75-175 per wishlist. We also ask that you consider a monetary gift of $25 per list for the associated costs of gathering, wrapping, and distributing gifts to the children. To access a list, please use one of the links below.
- Purchase gift cards (preferably Visa, Target, WalMart, or general retailer) so that a parent or child may select the perfect gift
- Make a cash, check, or credit card donation online at chsnc.org/donate so that our children’s unmet wishes or needs may be fulfilled
- Ask family, friends, and colleagues to join you in sponsoring children’s wishlists
Wishlists will be available beginning on November 1st. If you would like to know when the wishlists are available, you can click here so that we may notify you. Once fulﬁlled, return the new, unwrapped gifts to your local CHS oﬃce.
How can my company participate?
Looking for a way to engage your employees and build team morale? You and your team can select multiple children to sponsor from the CHS Hope for the Holiday website – shopping together can be a fun and meaningful team-building exercise. Or, hold a drive for the items most needed by our children and families. Your company may also choose to match the value of the gifts their employees provide and thereby double the impact of each gift. By coming together as a team, employees will share the joy of bringing holiday cheer to children.
What if I can’t fulfill a whole wishlist?
If you are unable to fill a child’s wishlist, Children’s Home Society is also accepting new, unwrapped general items. We provide gifts to children of all ages. A variety of items in different colors and sizes – from infant to adult XL – are always welcomed.
Suggested items include:
- Diapers, Pull-Ups, and/or Wipes
- Baby Care Items
- Convertible Car Seats
- Booster Seats
- Books (for all age ranges)
- Shoes (all sizes & genders)
- Dolls (all ethnicities)
- Tablets (Any Brand and Age Range)
- Infant/Toddler Educational toys
Mark your calendars
Gifts may be dropped off at your local CHS office beginning Monday, December 2 through Friday, December 6 – 9am-5pm. If you would like to share the information with your friends, family or in your workplace, you can download the PDF below.Hope for the Holidays Flyer
Frequently Asked Questions
How and when will I receive a child’s wishlist?
New this year, you will have the opportunity to select a child/children to sponsor online. Choose one or more children, from our Hope for the Holidays webpage, whose wishlist you would like to fulfill by purchasing some or all of the items they have selected. Donors typically spend $75-175 per wishlist. We also ask that you consider a monetary gift of $25 per list for the associated costs of gathering, wrapping, and distributing gifts to the children.
- Click here to sponsor a child through the Charlotte region
- Click here to sponsor a child through the Triad region
- Click here to sponsor a child through the Triangle region
When and where do I drop off the items?
Gift drop off begins on Monday, December 2 – Friday, December 6 at your closest regional office listed below during the hours of 9 am – 5 pm.
2200 East 7th Street, Charlotte, NC 28204
604 Meadow Street, Greensboro, NC 27405
7701 Six Forks Rd, Suite 120, Raleigh, NC 27615
What if I can’t find a specific item on a child’s wishlist?
Sometimes, items are hard to find. If you cannot locate a specific item, we suggest finding a similar item or focusing on other items on the wishlist.
Do I need to purchase all the items on the wishlist?
It is not necessary to purchase all items on the wishlist, but we do ask that the identified amount is spent per child.
Can I purchase gift cards?
Gift cards are always welcome, especially for teenagers.
Can I shop on Amazon?
Yes! If you do shop online and have it shipped to your local office, we ask that you make sure the child’s ID is on the shipping label so we can match the gift appropriately.
Can I host a gift-giving holiday party?
We’d love it if you would! Please contact Celena Velez at email@example.com to get more information about the process.
What if I cannot get to the office for drop off during the dates identified or 9 am -5 pm?
Please call the regional office or send an email if you run into challenges regarding drop off times and dates.
Do I wrap the gifts?
No, we ask that all gifts be new, unwrapped items.
Questions? Call (800) 632-1400 or email your regional office.